Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Peanut Butter Jelly Time

So I've recently begun to truly understand why certain students will do almost anything for free food. You maybe haven't noticed, but I am quite aware that the end of the month is fast approaching. Particularly as the stipend left for this month is basically all used up (not that I regret it - travel was awesome). So I've resorted to the cheapest food: PB&J sandwitches. Well almost PB&J. The jam and bread are actually really delicious. However "peanut butter" here is not actually peanut butter. I mean, it has peanuts and it's spreadable like butter, but it's jut.. not peanut butter. It's too sweet/not salty enough or something. I particularly feel betrayed by the marketing as it was advertised as "American" peanut butter. As an American, I do not have proof positive of truth in advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment