Monday, July 1, 2013

The Sound of Silence

Yay! It's Monday. Or not. As far as the project goes, I'm having "fun" with parametric equations. :D heh. I was having some issues, so I went to the... drumroll please... library. The library was really different than those at MIT.

For starters, the place actually had people in it looking for books. And reading them :O. (When I first started asking about libraries at MIT, I was recommended to go to the libraries with the comfiest chairs for napping...)

Another major difference was that you weren't allowed to take your backpack into the stacks. If you wanted to bring stuff with you, they had these plastic baskets you could put stuff in. Also, the system for organizing the books was way different. While I was expecting this, it was still difficult (even with a map) to figure out where books were and where I should look for similarly themed books.

What was similar though, was the really good wifi connection. I'm not sure what it is about libraries, but the wifi always seems to get good mojo from being around the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment