Thursday, July 18, 2013

One of Those Days

It's the middle of summer. My project is doing it's best impersonation of a inanimate object. Did I mention it was summer? So I went in search of cheerier things. Like good books. And froyo. (For the English slang challenged: froyo --> frozen yogurt) One of the two was easy to find. The other, was not.

Guesses? Probably to no surprise, I found books easily. The whole liking reading things, means I would be basically happy with any book I laid a hand on. Which is a bit troublesome, because I end up trying to figure out which book I like the most out of the many good selections possible.

Conveniently the book stores in Germany have set traps for people like me. They have all this comfortable, inviting seating in their bookstores making it "ok" to take rather extensive.. previews.. of the books. Which of course just makes you want to buy them more- cause you'd feel really guilty if you just sat there and read the entire book in the store, right? Well that's how it worked for me. (I escaped, for those worried, without becoming too much of a sucker- though now I am quite a bit more on guard. At least I hope I am.)

Finding froyo was much more difficult. Like any American, I went to the grocery store, since you don't have to pay nearly as much. And the selection is supposedly better. From my brief encounter with the frozen desert section of German grocery stores, I would say this is sadly not the case. I was hard pressed to find ANY sort of ice cream/gelato/sorbet not to mention froyo. All I did find was one tiny pack of popsicles. Which is completely bonkers since people here must eat ice cream sometime.. right? Maybe not. And in the long run, it was probably better that I was unsuccessful. But I have this really bad craving for lemon sorbet right now... Hopefully my new book will be distracting enough to make me forget all about it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment